"Be Loyal to the Royal within YOU."

Friday, September 16, 2011

Happy Anniversary to my WONDERFUL Parents

My Mom's definitely my Dad's whole world. He always says that no matter what happens in this life, all he wants is to die before my mom because he doesn't want to live a day without her. Ya, I know my Dad surely loves her to death, even up till the death he will continue to love her and after. How blessed are we to have the Plan of Salvation so that loved ones, especially spouses can be together not only in this life, but for the Eternities!




Like Nephi, I was too born of goodly parents. This month marks their 28th Wedding Anniversary! September 5th, 1983 my Mommy and Daddy ELOPED lol, no literally though. They first met in Inglewood, CA in the 80's. Mom was the Tou'a at The Kalapu my Dad was at one night and since then, the rest is history! He went after her like a dog on a bone, even going to her house while other guys were there to court her and just waiting till the guys left (this short guy was shockingly intimidating!?) to talk to my momma. Yup she was a PIMP and my Dad was a "G" lol. Mom said she was so annoyed by him, and her first impression of him when she first saw him at the Kalapu was that he was so cocky and obnoctious, (He was literally hollerin at her the whole night) but she said she eventually just gave in because she felt sorry for him lol. His perseverence and pesistence surely did him some good.  Let's just say my Mom's family was not too fond of my Dad (because he was LDS and my mom was Methodist) and were not necessarily allowed to be together. Long story short, everyone knows my Dad, if he wants something oh is he going to get it and he got it, my Mommy! Although not sealed the first time, shortly after I was born our family was Sealed for Time and All Eternity. Likeila & Mele Funaki (Monalisa) Ika together for 28 years together have 5 children, and 3 grandbabies (so far).

I thank our Father in Heaven every day for my many blessings, but especially for MY parents. They're simply good people, and have helped so many. These 2 parents of mine have such high character and respect for not only one another and but of others and have instilled in me great teachings to take with me forever, about my culture, identity, charity, the importance of family and especially of LOVE. Together they have been the most amazing examples of 'TRUE LOVE' and have taught me so much about having a future with a spouse. I am especially grateful for my Dad, who introduced my Mom to the gospel and because of him and her I was born into the church and am so blessed to know of the Restored Gospel. I look for many of the qualities my dad aquires in men, like Beyonce's song 'Daddy': "I want my husband to be like my Daddy :)". He's always been the affectionate and emotional one, showing us that it's okay to cry or show feeling, my Mom on the other hand has always been so restricted and reserved (due to the way she was raised), and only my Dad understands why she's the way she is and always backs her up 110 % all the time. I also look up to my mom in so many ways, I want to be half as great a wife as she, and to make my husband happy like she does.

Together my mom and dad have overcome a lot. I've received direct and indirect (through watching them) advice on marriage. Mom has told me that marriage is one of the hardest things I will ever go through, and that the first 8 years + are a struggle for every couple and that no couple is perfect. Dad said that if it is perfect (like Selu always says it is), then theirs something wrong with that couple lol. They just go together so well, opposites indeed and only once can I remember a huge fight they had in front of us, when I was about 8 years old? And boy did my Dad learn his lesson, Mom slept with me and Selu and the boys were with Dad. He straight bought her a diamond ring, flowers and made it up to her, and Mom finally went back to their room after weeks lol. She's definitely taught my Dad how to treat her. The thing I love about them is they are so open and honest, and are so much in Love. Kinda too much that it kind of disgusts me yukkk, but I'd rather have it that way than any other way I guess? lol

All I gotta say is that I hope and pray to have a wonderful marriage such as my parents. True love is something some never find and I don't want to be that many few or I'll just have to kill myself lol. Oh and did I mention my Dad's the FAVORITE IN-LAW in thee ENTIRE Tuihalamaka Family (Mom's family). Yup, everyone eventually falls in love with that shorty. Boy am I glad they didn't listen, like Shania's Song: Your still the one, that's their SONG!lol. I love you Mommy and Daddy. Happy Anniversary :) and I'm wishing you many many more together in the future.

1 comment: